Everyone has been in this predicament: you’re at home, with no time (or desire) for a trip to the store-but the recipe you’re using calls for an ingredient you don’t happen to have on hand. With this book, you’ll have a solution: substitute. In Substituting Ingredients, author Becky Sue Epstein has collected more than 1,000 easy-to-find, healthy, and cheap substitutions.
- Substitutions for difficult to find items and common items you may not have on hand
- Green, nontoxic household cleaner solutions
- Less expensive ingredient options
- The best ways to measure fruits and vegetables for recipes
- Simple recipes for condiments, sauces, marinades, and spice mixtures
- Strategies to remedy too much or too little of an ingredient
“With this paperback on the shelf there’s no need for mad, midrecipe dashes to the grocery store.”
Becky Sue Epstein is an experienced editor, broadcaster and consultant in the fields of wine, spirits, food and travel. In addition to writing books — most recently The American Lighthouse Cookbook — she is also an editor at Intermezzo Magazine, The Tasting Panel and www.PalatePress.com. She travels frequently and has lived on the East and West Coasts of the US as well as in the UK, the Middle East and Europe.